Second Build-Your-Own Teardrop Class Under Way

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Second Build-Your-Own Teardrop Class Under Way

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John C. Harris
    Keymaster

The second Build Your Own Teardrop Camper started this morning at CLC in Annapolis. Five Teardrops will be assembled August 7-19, 2017. It’s 11AM EST on Monday and already the camper shells are taking shape in the molds.

Follow the action live on the ShopCam

Yes, we reused the molds from the last class!

CLC Teardrop Kit

CLC Teardrop Camper Kit

The first class went smoothly and landed on time, though we’ve tweaked the 45-hour/week schedule based on things we learned the first time around. Here’s the syllabus:

Boardwalk
    Participant

I would suggest applying epoxy to the galley flat (both sides), bulkhead and shelf before install.  Just a little hard getting around to all the spots once you have a full grown turtle.

restonthewind
    Participant

You’re applying the two layers of fiberglass on the top in two steps, or are you applying two layers followed by a third layer?

John C. Harris
    Keymaster

>>>>I would suggest applying epoxy to the galley flat (both sides), bulkhead and shelf before install.

I would, too, and sand them as well, but it’s impossible to fit into the schedule. We were able to catch it easily enough during the second week.

>>>>>>>>You’re applying the two layers of fiberglass on the top in two steps, or are you applying two layers followed by a third layer?

We did the top and sides in one shot, then added the second top layer the next day. You can see the sequence in the video of the last class:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20IRPaePjl4

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.