Galley hatch locks

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    mpilone
    Participant

I ended up going with a t-handle truck cap style lock. I build a simple latch plate for it on the inside of the galley. It isn’t as low profile as I would have liked but I do like that all the hardware is internal and I don’t have to worry about the hasp or lock banging on the camper.

I originally purchased a cam lock like the one’s Bill used but I was a little concerned that the 1/16th or so rim wouldn’t have enough grab to hold and not pull through the hatch. I’m sure you could make or find a washer to help spread the load a bit if you wanted to go that way.

rachelurner
    Participant

Do you happen to remember the hardware you used for this? I’d love to order the same handle/lock but I’m having some trouble finding it. Also, does the hatch feel secure enough with just one latch point?

mpilone
    Participant

I don’t remember where I got my specific one but it looks the same as this:

Just search for “locking t-handle”. They are commonly used on the back windows of truck bed caps. I haven’t had an issue with the single center locking point. Others have posted that they’ve had some issues with the hatch warping a bit and allowing water in the sides. You could always put one in each corner if you were concerned.

wayne3676
    Participant

here is my take

wayne3676
    Participant

wayne3676
    Participant

rachelurner
    Participant

Very Stylish! Not sure if I’ve got the skillset to install those properly but nice job!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.