Reply To: Sanding the edges of glass tape and installing the bulkhead

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Sanding the edges of glass tape and installing the bulkhead Reply To: Sanding the edges of glass tape and installing the bulkhead

restonthewind
Participant

I’m omitting the galley in favor of more interior space. I’ll install the galley flat but eventually remove most of it. After glassing the shell and cutting the hatch, I’ll extend the cut along the side of the bulkhead all the way to the leg, leaving only an arch. I’ll cut the flat similarly, leaving a ledge about three inches wide (same width as the border of the hole in the bulkhead). With the hatch closed, the interior will be a single open space with no galley. With the hatch open, walls of tent material attached to the hatch will create a much larger open space, like a pop-up camper.

http://teardropforum.com/forums/topic/omitting-the-galley-build-log/

I may also make a table top from the part of the galley flat I cut out. This table top will have a folding leg or two and will attach to the ledge with lift-off hinges. The tent material will be removable, so I’ll have either a pop-up camper or a galley (not separated from the interior) when opening the hatch.