Friz's Build Thread at TNTTT

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Friz's Build Thread at TNTTT

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    patfly
    Participant

Way more than necessary.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by patfly. Reason: Include photo
    tomtnt
    Participant

Man, that is slick – can you show some pictures of the galley area where you did all the wiring?  Are all the lights individually fused?

A more general question, is it uncomfortable having your leg under the galley flat?  do you ever find yourself bumping into at night when moving around?

patfly
    Participant

The lights (3) are all on the same circuit  fused in the power center (15 amp).

When installing the electronics I enlarged the compartment behind the galley to accommodate my power center and wiring. The solar controller is in the battery compartment.

I haven’t yet slept in it. Shakedown scheduled for Thursday. 

Eric
    Participant

What finish did you use Patfly?  It looks like maybe System Three water reduceable polyurethane.  It doesnt have the golden color of schooner varnish.  I really like your finish. Did you spray it?, roll and tip it?

patfly
    Participant

The finish is Interlude Schooner Varnish. I applied it with roller and tipped it with a foam brush. There are some imperfect spots, but I’ll be applying another coat or two later. Varnish is not my strong suit.

Thanks to all for your positive comments.

friz
    Participant

Yea! Thanks for showing a varnished finish. That’s my plan also.

tomtnt
    Participant

what’s your thoughts on the value of the headliner material?  it some of the pictures, it doesn’t look like it fits very well?  is it worth it?

how about the galley addon?

friz
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m not posting on TNTTT anymore. I found myself going backwards in the manual too much in order to explain myself to the experts. I need to be focused forward to finish this project.

Thanks, Friz

friz
    Participant

I do want to add that my decision not to post is not reflective of the kit. The fit of the parts so far is astonishing. I can not imagine trying to build this project from plans when a kit this complete is available. Thanks Mr. Harris for a fantastic kit and a very complete manual.

johnny_swindle
    Participant

Excellent looking…..

How are/did you handle the following:

– heating/cooling

– electrical

And did you add any additional insulation for the floor?

Thanks…

Johnny

friz
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I started dropping pictures in this thread again. had some requests to continue posting but I am not including any tips. I don’t want to get involved in discussion.</p>

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by friz.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.