door lock and trailer lock

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum door lock and trailer lock

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Deepwoods
    Participant

Master sells a set of three locks, all keyed the same, to address the vulnerabilities in the hitch-to-coupler assembly and keep a thief from driving off with your labor of love.  There’s a lock for the receiver hitch, another that fills the area where the hitch ball goes into the coupling, and a third to lock down the latch on the coupler.  When the teardrop is detached, I put use this third lock to also secure the chains.  I got my set of Master locks from Northern Tool.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would recommend Trimark camper door lock. It requires internal and external setup and comes with two sets of master keys, which we were completely satisfied with. It is suitable for residential doors with thicknesses from 1.39″ to 1.6”.

madebymike60
    Participant

Here’s another door lock idea. I had some old window locks similar to (and maybe exactly like) ‘Defender Security U 9819 Sliding Window Security Lock’ on Amazon but I can’t guarantee they’re the same. Mine fit onto the door rods but were too big for the door to close so I cut the ends of a couple to shorten them. Here’s what I ended up with.

When the set screw is loosened, the rod just slides up and down through the lock. Tightening the screw, with the door closed and handle turned, prevents the rod from being able to slide.

madebymike60
    Participant

Inside, it looks like this. As long as you can tighten the screw enough, it should make it very hard for the door to be opened from outside. I turned the handle until the door was beginning to bend and the lock held but I may flatten the side of the rod for even better grip.

madebymike60
    Participant

So here it is with a notch cut which will make it pretty much impossible to lower the rod with the screw tightened at the notch. I used a rotary tool to start it and cleaned it up with a small file.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used a deadbolt on my RV and it has been installed by an expert from a locksmith largo company near.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What method should you use to pick a lock from the many options? Consider the Trimark camper door lock. It comes with two master keys and needs to be configured both internally and externally. To blend in with most RVs and campers, it is powder-coated black. The lock should suit 1.39″ to 1.6″ thick residential entry doors. Most travel trailers should be able to fit in this capacity.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would use a locksmith as an option to deal with the trunk door lock problem as they can handle that problem with care.

Gracie Vaughn
    Participant

In the door sill, directly above the latch, I use a straightforward butterfly screw.

magento 2 migration service

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.