Completed CLC Teardrop Camper Photo Gallery

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Completed CLC Teardrop Camper Photo Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    PatandRay
    Participant

Sorry I have not updated my headliner “story”. I have not figured out how to post multiple pics in one post but in words this is what I did:

1.  I found some nylon push in connectors at Ace Hardware.

2. I tested and found the size hole that they would go into and still come out with a prying motion.

3. I cut many 1 inch squares out of scrap plywood about 3/8″ thick and named them “receivers”.

4. I glued those squares to the inside of the td cabin.

5. I bought the radiant barrier (on Amazon NASA TECH FOAM CORE REFLECTIVE).

6. I cut it to resemble the pattern of the interior

7. I glued some cool fabric I had to it…. finally finding a use for some really cool fabric! (3m spray adhesive…do not skimp and follow the directions)

8. Starting at the bottom, I made small holes in the fabric/insulation pieces and pushed the nylon connectors through the holes into the receivers.

The picture shown is the assembly from the back.  It worked!

Ray will post pics on Instagram related to the headliner… We are Mockturtle2.

CWStevens
    Participant

PopeyeTheTrailerMan
    Participant

A pair of customer-owned Teardrops showed up at Okoumefest last week. The one with the solar panels camped there Friday night, the one with the awning arrived  for the show-and-tell on Saturday.

stretchMike
    Participant

My plans built and modified (2 ft stretch) teardrop now completed in Vancouver.

stretchMike
    Participant

PopeyeTheTrailerMan
    Participant

I stand in awe of the master.

PatandRay
    Participant

Hello Stretch Mike,

I would really appreciate it if you would share the learning and specification process of your integrated trailer.

Ray and I built our CLC teardrop from the kit in 2018.  Our 2018 trip covered about 10K miles of awesomeness!

We discovered a cracked weld in our trailer before our departure for 2019.  We had the tongue of our trailer rebuilt with heavier stock and multiple reinforcements.

Last week, 331 miles from home, after 13K miles of travel, the trailer tongue broke. We were very fortunate that we were getting off the interstate to get gas. The storage box actually held the teardrop to the ball hitch.

Because we are not “trailer/towing” experts, we do not know what is causing failures at essentially the same location.

You can direct message me on Instagram… Mockturtle2.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Scrambles118
    Participant

LSaupe
    Participant

@apkley Love the green accents.  Sharp package.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by LSaupe.
    wudboatVT
    Participant

@szerby what weatherstripping did you use? Can you share the size and maybe a link?

looks great!

pandron
    Participant

Just finished tonight (started in March), except for the Galley Module and wiring! Forum won’t let me post more than one picture per post, so will follow up with a couple more:

pandron
    Participant

pandron
    Participant

pandron
    Participant

Daniel
    Participant

There she is, first time out.

First time

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.